The central laboratory consists of a set of important equipments for the qualitative and quantitative evaluation of materials designed to provide research services to students and faculty members of Torbat Heydarieh University and other scientific, research and industrial centers of the country. Currently, the central laboratory of Torbat Heydarieh University is a member of the Network of Iranian Scientific Laboratories (ShAA).
The Library of Torbat Heydarieh University is one of the richest specialized libraries in the region with over 15,000 volumes of books. In addition to providing the required books for students, it acts in the following fields:
1. Providing domestic scientific and research information
• Providing access to the Iranian Magazine Database (MAGIRAN):
Magiran is the largest database of publications in the country. Most of the specialized and non-specialized printed materials published inside Iran are provided online on this site and their contents are available. Currently, Torbat Heydarieh University has an IP Base subscription for this site. Students and researchers can have access to all of the Magiran content from within the university.
• Required papers for Iranian Conferences Database (CIVILICA):
CIVILICA'S database contains articles published at national conferences. In addition to providing access to conference papers, the site provides comprehensive information on ongoing conferences in the country.
• Providing access to thesis databases of the Iranian Research Institute for Information Science and Technology (IRANDOC)
Currently, the Iranian Research Institute for Information Science and Technology (IRANDOC) is the only dissertation information center and research project in the country. IRANDOC also provides the full text of some of the research names and endings. The simultaneous sharing of Magiran, Irandoc and Civilica guarantees full access to scientific and research content published domestically. In this respect, the Library of Torbat Heydarieh University is proud to provide its users with a relatively complete information service and access to domestic resources.
• Controlling thesis registration in Irandak thesis database (treasure base)
2. Providing scientific and research information published abroad
• Providing direct access to international databases:
English-language databases are the most important source of information, especially at levels high than undergraduate program. The publications provided on these websites bear international importance. Currently, Torbat Heydarieh University has direct access to these databases through MegaPaper and DaneshLink portals. Use of these databases requires a user registration by the university.
• Providing direct access to more than 50 databases including SCIENCE DIRECT and IEEE via MegaPaper database:
The MegaPaper database provides access to more than 50 international databases, including IEEE, SCIENCE DIRECT, ACM SPRINGER, WILEY, JSTOR and many other well-known databases. Access to this database provides much of the scientific and research information published on various databases.
• Creating direct access to over 200 databases through the DaneshLink database
Through concurrent sharing of Knowledge Link and Megapaper databases, it provides full access to published resources in more than 90% of non-Persian languages.
• Providing the possibility to review and modify grammar through: Grammerly
Access to the Grammarly database is now available through the Don Schlink Portal for download and indirect accesses; where, faculty members and students can grammarly check and edit their English texts online.
• Scientific similarity and plagiarism checking through: Ithenticate
Access to the Ithenticate database is currently available through the Knowledge Base link and downloads method for Torbat Heydarieh University.
3. Providing printed resources:
• Follow up and download 880 free book titles from Astan Quds Razavi Islamic Research Foundation:
With the follow-ups made in 2015, a total of 880 academic books were received for free from Astan Quds Razavi Research Foundation. Providing this amount of books requires a very high cost, which fortunately came accessible for free upon the follow-ups of the library department.
• Follow up and get 200 volumes for free from Ferdowsi University of Mashhad:
It is worth noting that most of these books were from Ferdowsi University Press and were completely new and first hand books.
• Keeping up with the educational and research needs of professors and scholars through the continuous ordering of books and the provision of Persian and English information resources:
In order to provide a better service to the scientific community of library users, the organization in 2015 consistently assessed users' needs and continued ordering of books throughout the Academic Year.
• Attending Tehran International Book Fair and purchasing educational group orders
• Library inventory registration